Monday 18 June 2012

The blogging begins...


 I have been meaning to do this for a while and now that I've just come to the end of my second year, now is probably a good time to start.
I'm currently studying at Carmarthen School of Creative Arts, doing a degree in Ceramics and Jewellery.  Although I really enjoy the ceramic side of things and still incorporate it into my work, contemporary jewellery is my chosen pathway.
The photo above is the work I made for this term in a small exhibition held at the college.


This current project draws inspiration from sea wreckage along the West Wales coast particularly from the changing function of the vessel from working boat to rich habitat below the water line.  Using the body as the base structure, I am able to convey this ‘journey’ taken by the vessels by creating pieces that appear to grow and envelope the wearer.

No comments:

Post a Comment