Friday 22 June 2012

Projections

What I often find when I make things is that I tend to work very small scale whether I'm aware I'm doing it or not!  This term, I set myself the challenge of breaking out of this comfort zone and in order to help me with this, I started doing projection work.  I took some photos of the things that inspired me, printed them onto acetate, combined them with 3D pieces I'd made on the overhead projecter and then projected them onto myself.





I think this way of visualising pieces of work really freed me up, it allowed me to think of the form and how I would need to make something and fit it all together before I started.  It's also a lot of fun to do and because the combinations and placement of images are so instant, you walk away with loads of ideas.  Jewellers, I recommend it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment